Saturday, November 22, 2008

It’s Jungle out there.

I just came back from Rome after 2 days meeting. This meeting is about getting to know all of my colleagues in the same field that I am who are scattered around the world.


It was a nice trip but I failed to bond with the others. As I look back now, I think I did not bond because I saw a room of politicians. A room full of hypocrites. Everyone was after their own benefit ( “ Arent we all” would be the answer but at what cost?). Gossiping, back stabbing. Oh gosh you name it everything was happening.

Yet no one will agree that was happening. In turn, if I voice this, that would be end of my career. “One less competitor” for them.

It’s a jungle out there and I wonder what kind of tool I should give my son to survive in this world.

Having said the above I must admit there were some good souls as well.

1 comment:

Voegtli said...

Yes, you are right. It is a jungle out there. And every body pulls the blanket to his side.

There are, and will be always, phonies who try to profile themselves in meetings, workshops and seminars and are licking bums. To eliminate competitors. And they work hard at it. So hard that, often, they don't realise that they eliminate themselves. And that is a competitor leess for you.